What to Expect
Participants will learn the practical skills required to become an outstanding leader in the hospitality industry. They will learn about effective leadership strategies that will help them develop positive relationships with their team. Participants will learn how to develop others and to create a safe, settled and increasingly productive culture at work.
Our approach will give leaders the confidence and skills to become a ‘leader who grows leaders.’
Duration – 2 Days (Mon 10am-4pm, Tues 9am-3pm)
Location – 18A Dorset Street, Christchurch
Who should attend? Owners and Managers who want to improve as leaders, and are looking to develop their one-on-one communication skills and improve the performance of their business.
Numbers – Limited to 12 participants
What you’ll learn:
- The characteristics of a strong leadership mindset
- How to drive a business mission
- The importance of planning for growth
- How to conduct effective one-on-one ‘growth’ conversations with team members
- How to develop a one-size-fits-one communication style
- How to build a leadership culture
- How to create accountability with dignity and respect for others
- How to implement a ‘language’ the grows leaders in your business
- The critical relationship between leadership and results
- A letter of participation will be provided for those who attend the full two days
- Participants will develop an Action Plan to implement on return
Materials Supplied – worksheets and writing materials
Catering – Morning and Afternoon tea will be provided
Participants will be asked to visit local hospitality businesses for lunch.
* Our Training Room and Office is close to cafés and eateries
Presentation – The course will be led by James O’Connell and Liz Perkins. The workshop will be interactive, visual and practical.
Fee – $695 exl gst per person
The workshop is accredited for a NZTE Capability Development Voucher. Click Here for details